Shreya Ghoshal born 12 March 1984 is an Indian playback singer. Bollywood playback singing debut with Bhansali’s romantic drama Devdas (2002) for which she received a National Film Award, a Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer and a Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent.
Shreya Ghoshal Biography
Shreya Ghoshal was born on 12 March 1984 to a Bengali Hindu family in Berhampore, Murshidabad district, West Bengal. She grew up in Rawatbhata, a small town near Kota, Rajasthan. Her father, Bishwajit Ghoshal is an electrical engineer and works for the Nuclear Power Corporation of India, and her mother, Sarmistha Ghoshal, is a literature post-graduate. She has a younger brother, Soumyadeep Ghoshal.
On 5 February 2015, Shreya Ghoshal married her childhood friend Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya. Before getting married, Ghoshal dated him for almost 10 years. On 22 May 2021, couple gave birth to a son named Devyaan in Mumbai. Height: 1.6 m.
Shreya Ghoshal Career
Shreya Ghoshal Bollywood playback singing debut with Bhansali’s romantic drama Devdas (2002) for which she received a National Film Award, a Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer and a Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent. Her first studio album was Bendhechhi Beena, which was released on 1 January 1998, with 14 tracks. Ghoshal sang five songs in the film, namely, “Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka”, “Bairi Piya”, “Chalak Chalak”, “Morey Piya”, and “Dola Re Dola”, with established singers such as Kavita Krishnamurthy, Udit Narayan, Vinod Rathod, KK, and Jaspinder Narula. She was sixteen when she recorded the first song for the film, “Bairi Piya”
She debuted in the Tamil cinema through the song “Yen Chellam” in Vasanthabalan’s film Album (2002).
2006 marks Ghoshal’s first collaboration with Ravindra Jain in film Vivah.
In 2006, Ghoshal sang “Pyaar Ki Ek Kahani”, “Koi Tumsa Nahin” and “Chori Chori Chupke Chupke” for Rajesh Roshan-composed Krrish.
In 2007, Ghoshal recorded a thumri in the mujra style for Khoya Khoya Chand.
In 2012, Ghoshal rendered her voice for a popular item song, “Chikni Chameli” from the film Agneepath.
In 2013, Ghoshal sang two duet songs “Naino Mein Sapna” and “Taki O Taki” for the film Himmatwala.
In 2014, Ghoshal recorded three songs for film PK namely the solo “Nanga Punga Dost” and duets “Chaar Kadam” and “Love is a Waste of Time” with Shaan and Sonu Nigam.
In 2017, Ghoshal rendered “Aashiq Surrender Hua” duet along with co-singer and composer Amaal Mallik from the film Badrinath Ki Dulhania.
In 2019, she sang “Yeh Aaina” for the film Kabir Singh, composed by Amaal Mallik.
In 2020, Ghoshal’s new album released Composer- Shreya Ghoshal, Soumyadeep Ghoshal Lyrics- Manoj Yadav Music Producer- Soumyadeep Ghoshal.
Here is a list of Shreya Ghoshal’s popular songs in Bengali, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Malayalam along with the year of release:
Shreya Ghoshal also Sung a Song for Pakistani Movie
“Mohabbataan Sachiyaan” is a 2007 Pakistani Punjabi language musical romance film directed by Shehzad Rafiq and produced by Shafqat Chaudhary. The film was distributed by Geo Films
- “Ud Gayaan Nindraan Khalo Gayi” – Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghoshal
- “Mein Jeena Tere Naal” – Shreya Ghoshal
- “Tere Bin Chain Naio Ownda” – Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghosha
- “Sajna Ve Pijhi Pijhi Rut Aagai” – Shreya Ghoshal
- “Teriyan Yaadaan Owndiyan” – Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghoshal
- Jiya Lage Na – Bol Bachchan (2012) – Featuring Ajay Devgn and Asin Thottumkal
- Aankhon Mein Neendein – We Are Family (2010) – Featuring Kajol and Arjun Rampal
- Mere Bina Tu – Phata Poster Nikhla Hero (2013) – Featuring Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz
- Allah Jaane – Teri Meri Kahaani (2012) – Featuring Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra
- Preet – Khoobsurat (2014) – Featuring Sonam Kapoor and Fawad Khan.
- “Payar” – Jag Jeondeyan De Mele (2009) – Harbhajan Mann
- “Mohabbatan” – Akhiyaan Udeekdian (2009) – Lakhwinder Wadali
- “Rabba” – Sukhmani: Hope for Life (2010) – Gurdas Maan
- “Safar” – Banjara (2018) – Babbu Maan
- “Tere Bajjon” – Tere Bajjon (2022)
- Ekla Chalo Re – Kahaani (2012)
- Piya Tore Bina – Badshahi Angti (2014)
- E Tumi Kemon Tumi – Jaatishwar (2014)
- Bolo Na – Sesh Sangbad (2016)
- Tumi Robe Nirobe – Rajkahini (2015)
- Nuvvu Nenu Kalisunte – Gangotri (2003)
- Manasa – Munna (2007)
- Nenani Neevani – Kotha Bangaru Lokam (2008)
- Guvva Gorinkatho – Subramanyam For Sale (2015)
- Oohalu Oorege Gaalanthaa – Oohalu Gusagusalade (2014)
- Munbe Vaa – Jillunu Oru Kadhal (2006)
- Oru Murai – Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaigal (2012)
- Anbil Avan – Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010)
- Kaadhal Anukkal – Enthiran (2010)
- Vaanam Ellai – Kireedam (2007)
- Male Ninthu Hoda Mele – Akash (2005)
- Kaddu Kaddu – Veera Kannadiga (2004)
- Jothe Jotheyali – Jothe Jotheyali (2006)
- Mungaru Maleye – Mungaru Male (2006)
- Sanju Mattu Geetha – Sanju Weds Geetha (2011)
- Unnai Kaanadhu Naan – Vishwaroopam (2013)
- Thira Nurayum – Thira (2013)
- Nee Mukilo – Uyare (2019)
- Enundodee – Celluloid (2013)
- Pularumo – Rithu (2009)
Shreya Ghoshal Hindi song List
- Bairi Piya – Devdas (2002) – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit
- Dola Re Dola – Devdas (2002) – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit
- Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai – Jism (2003) – Bipasha Basu, John Abraham
- Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka – Devdas (2002) – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit
- Piyu Bole – Parineeta (2005) – Vidya Balan, Saif Ali Khan, Sanjay Dutt
- Saawariya – Saawariya (2007) – Ranbir Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor
- Teri Ore – Singh Is Kinng (2008) – Katrina Kaif, Akshay Kumar
- Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai – Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) – Anushka Sharma, Shah Rukh Khan
- Zoobi Doobi – 3 Idiots (2009) – Kareena Kapoor Khan, Aamir Khan
- Bahara – I Hate Luv Storys (2010) – Sonam Kapoor, Imran Khan
- Chikni Chameli – Agneepath (2012) – Katrina Kaif, Hrithik Roshan
- Radha – Student of the Year (2012) – Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Sidharth Malhotra
- Manwa Laage – Happy New Year (2014) – Deepika Padukone, Shah Rukh Khan
- Deewani Mastani – Bajirao Mastani (2015) – Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh
- Ghoomar – Padmaavat (2018) – Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor, Ranveer Singh
- Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas – Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (2019) – Karan Deol, Sahher Bambba
- Nainowale Ne – Padmaavat (2018) – Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor, Ranveer Singh
- Teri Mitti – Kesari (2019) – Akshay Kumar, Parineeti Chopra
- Ghar More Pardesiya – Kalank (2019) – Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan
- Dus Bahane 2.0 – Baaghi 3 (2020) – Shraddha Kapoor, Tiger Shroff
Although Shreya Ghoshal has gone for hundreds of songs, we are giving you some limited songs, two of which will show the video of hit songs…
Shreya Ghoshal – Super Hit Song
1st Song: Nah Woh Main
Singer- Shreya Ghoshal
Composer- Shreya Ghoshal, Soumyadeep Ghoshal
Lyrics- Manoj Yadav
Nah Woh Main Official Video
♪ Full Song Available on ♪
Amazon – https://music.amazon.in/albums/B0865H…
Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/album/0YYefa…
JioSaavn – https://www.jiosaavn.com/album/nah-wo…
Gaana – https://gaana.com/song/na-woh-main
Tiktok – https://vm.tiktok.com/sbra3T/
Resso – https://m.resso.app/6cEttD/
Itunes – https://music.apple.com/in/album/nah-…
Wynk – https://wynk.in/music/song/nah-woh-ma…
Youtube music – https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=4eI…
Hungama- https://www.hungama.com/album/nah-woh… GooglePlay:https://play.google.com/store/music/a…
2nd Song: Chikni Chameli
Chikni Chameli Official Video
♪ Full Song Available on ♪
- Shreya Ghoshal was born on March 12, 1984, in Berhampore, West Bengal, India.
- She started singing at the age of four and received formal training in Indian classical music from her mother.
- Shreya won the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa singing competition at the age of 16, which marked the beginning of her career as a playback singer.
- She made her Bollywood debut with the song “Bairi Piya” from the film Devdas in 2002. The song was a huge success and earned her the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer.
- Shreya has won four National Film Awards, four Filmfare Awards, and numerous other awards for her contributions to the Indian music industry.
- She has recorded songs for more than 1000 films in various languages and has also released several albums of her own.
- Shreya has collaborated with many famous composers and singers in the industry, including A.R. Rahman, Pritam, Vishal-Shekhar, Sonu Nigam, and Shaan.
- In 2013, she was honored with the prestigious Padma Shri award by the Government of India for her contributions to Indian music.
- Shreya is also known for her philanthropic work and has supported various causes, including education and health.
- She is married to her childhood friend Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya, who is an entrepreneur, and they have a son named Devyaan.
So stay tuned with us, we will keep giving you information about Shreya Ghoshal and his songs, thank you.