Divya Dutta is an Indian actress who has appeared in numerous Bollywood films, as well as in Punjabi, Malayalam, and English language films. She was born on September 25, 1977, in Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
Divya Dutta Biography
Divya Dutta (born 25 September 1977) is an Indian actress and model. She has appeared in Hindi And Punjabi cinema and English-language films. made her acting debut in the 1994 film Ishq Mein Jeena Ishq Mein Marna. However, her breakthrough role came in the 2004 film Veer-Zaara, where she played the role of Shabbo. She has since appeared in several critically acclaimed films, including Stanley Ka Dabba, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, and Irada.
In addition to her film career, Dutta has also appeared in several television shows, including the drama series Samvidhaan, for which she won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress. She has also lent her voice to several audio books and has done voice-over work for various documentaries and advertisements.
Dutta is known for her versatility as an actress and has played a wide range of characters throughout her career. She has received several awards and nominations for her performances, including the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the film Delhi-6.
Dutta is also a social activist and has been associated with various causes, including the education of underprivileged children and the rights of the LGBTQ+ community. She has also written a memoir, Me and Ma, which was published in 2017.
Overall, Divya Dutta is a respected and talented actress in the Indian film industry and has made a significant contribution to the art form through her work.
Divya Dutta was born in Ludhiana, Punjab, India, Height: 1.63 m to a Punjabi family. Her father, Dr. Nirmal Kumar Dutta, was a renowned Punjabi author and her mother, Nalini Dutta, is a government officer and doctor who raised Dutta and her brother single-handedly following the death of her husband when Dutta was aged seven. She has a younger brother named Dr. Rahul Dutta, who is a dental surgeon.
Divya Dutta is unmarried. She wrote a memoir, Me and Ma, about her heavenly relationship with her mother. Me and Ma celebrates her mother’s struggles to turn her into the woman she is today. The book was published on 10 February 2017 by Penguin Random House.
However, in her memoir “Me and Ma,” Divya Dutta has shared that her parents had a troubled marriage and eventually got divorced when she was young. She also talks about her close bond with her mother, who was her biggest supporter and inspiration.
Divya Dutta is very close to her family and often shares pictures with them on social media. She has also been vocal about her love for her hometown of Ludhiana and often visits there to spend time with her family.
Divya Dutta Career
She has won several awards for her performances, including the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the film “Irada”, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for “Delhi-6”, and the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for “Veer-Zaara”. She has also been nominated for several other awards for her roles in various films.
In addition to films, Divya Dutta has also appeared in several television shows such as “Samvidhaan”, “Kulvaddhu”, and “Special OPS”. She has also lent her voice to various audiobooks and has done voice-over work for documentaries and advertisements.
Apart from her acting career, Divya Dutta is also a social activist and has been associated with various causes such as education for underprivileged children, women’s rights, and LGBTQ+ rights. She has been vocal about issues such as sexual harassment and has been actively involved in spreading awareness about mental health.
Overall, Divya Dutta is a talented and versatile actress who has made a significant contribution to Indian cinema
Divya Dutta Bollywood Movies List
Here are some notable movies of Divya Dutta, along with the year of release, co-stars, and directors:
- Veer-Zaara (2004) – Co-stars: Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta, Rani Mukerji, Manoj Bajpayee; Director: Yash Chopra
- Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008) – Co-stars: Shreyas Talpade, Amrita Rao, Ravi Kishan; Director: Shyam Benegal
- Stanley Ka Dabba (2011) – Co-stars: Partho Gupte, Amole Gupte, Divya Jagdale; Director: Amole Gupte
- Heroine (2012) – Co-stars: Kareena Kapoor Khan, Arjun Rampal, Randeep Hooda; Director: Madhur Bhandarkar
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013) – Co-stars: Farhan Akhtar, Sonam Kapoor, Pavan Malhotra; Director: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Blackmail (2018) – Co-stars: Irrfan Khan, Kirti Kulhari, Arunoday Singh; Director: Abhinay Deo
- Manto (2018) – Co-stars: Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Rasika Dugal, Tahir Raj Bhasin; Director: Nandita Das
- Irada (2017) – Co-stars: Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi, Sagarika Ghatge; Director: Aparnaa Singh
- Sheer Qorma (2021) – Co-stars: Shabana Azmi, Swara Bhasker; Director: Faraz Arif Ansari
- Dhaakad (2022) – Co-stars: Kangana Ranaut, Arjun Rampal, Javed Jaffrey; Director: Razneesh Gha
Divya Dutta Debut Punjabi Movie
Divya Dutta Punjabi Movies List
- Shaheed-E-Mohabbat Boota Singh (1999) – Co-stars: Gurdas Maan, Gurkirtan, Amrita Singh; Director: Manoj Punj
- Des Hoyaa Pardes (2004) – Co-stars: Gurdas Maan, Juhi Chawla, Parmeet Sethi; Director: Manoj Punj
- Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris (2006) – Co-stars: Gurdas Maan, Juhi Chawla, Sushant Singh; Director: Manoj Punj
- Jag Jeondeyan De Mele (2009) – Co-stars: Harbhajan Mann, Tulip Joshi, Baljit Singh Deo; Director: Baljit Singh Deo
- Maa – (2022) Gippy Grewal
Divya Dutta Web Series
2020 – Special OPS is an Indian Hindi-language action espionage thriller web series for Hotstar Specials created and directed by Neeraj Pandey, It stars Kay Kay Menon
2020 – Hostages is an Indian Hindi-language crime thriller web series for Hotstar Specials, directed by Sudhir Mishra. Starring Tisca Chopra, Ronit Roy, Parvin Dabas, Aashim Gulati, Disney+ Hotstar
Divya Dutta Facts
- Divya Dutta was born in Ludhiana, Punjab, India, on September 25, 1977.
- She made her acting debut in 1994 with the movie “Ishq Mein Jeena Ishq Mein Marna”, but her breakthrough role came in 2004 with the movie “Veer-Zaara”.
- Divya Dutta has won several awards for her performances, including the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for the movie “Irada” in 2017.
- She is known for her versatility as an actress and has played a wide range of roles in her career, from a supporting character to a lead role.
- In addition to movies, she has also acted in television shows and web series, including “Hostages” and “Special OPS”.
- Divya Dutta is also a writer and has penned a book called “Me and Ma”, which is a memoir about her relationship with her mother.
- She is an animal lover and has worked with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) in several campaigns.
- Divya Dutta is also involved in various social causes and is a supporter of LGBTQ rights and gender equality.
- She is fluent in Hindi, Punjabi, English, and Urdu.
- Divya Dutta is married to Lt. Commander Sandeep Shergill, who is a pilot in the Indian Navy.