Arijit SinghSi is an Indian playback singer. He sings predominantly in Hindi and Bengali but has also performed in various other Indian languages. Singh began his career when he participated in the contemporary reality show, Fame Gurukul in 2005, and was discovered by filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Kumar Taurani.
Arijit Singh Biography
Arijit Singh was born on 25 April 1987 in Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal to Kakkar Singh, a Lahori Sikh father and a Bengali mother Aditi Singh. He began his music training at a very young age at home. His maternal aunt trained in Indian classical music, and his maternal grandmother used to sing. His maternal uncle played the tabla, and his mother also sang and played the tabla.
He studied at Raja Bijay Singh High School and later at the Sripat Singh College, a University of Kalyani affiliate. At the age of three, he started training under the Hazari brothers, and at the age of nine, he got a scholarship from the government for training in vocals in Indian classical music.
In 2014, Singh married Koyel Roy, a childhood friend and a neighbor of his. They have two children. Singh currently resides in Andheri, Mumbai.
Arijit Singh Career
Singh’s musical career began when his guru Rajendra Prasad Hazari, who felt that “Indian classical music. During the show, filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali recognized his talent and had him sing “Yun Shabnami” a song scheduled to be used in his upcoming film Saawariya. During production, the script changed and the song was no longer required. It was never released.
He participated in another reality show 10 Ke 10 Le Gaye Dil and won. He chose to move to Mumbai in 2006 to freelance, staying in a rented room in the Lokhandwala area of the city.
In 2010, Singh started working with Pritam on three films-Golmaal 3, Crook and Action Replayy.
He started with singing scratches in the Telugu Film Industry with the 2010 film Kedi.
Arijit Singh made his Bollywood musical debut with the Mithoon composition, “Phir Mohabbat” from Murder 2, which though he recorded it in 2009 was released in 2011.
Arijit’s breakthrough came in Aashiqui 2 where he was a lead and key vocalist and came to prominence with the release of the song “Tum Hi Ho” from the movie. The song won him several awards and nominations including Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer.
In 2014, Singh got the chance to work with two of his favorite music directors, Sajid–Wajid and A. R. Rahman. The year marked his collaboration with many other music directors including Tony Kakkar and Palash Muchhal. During the year, he provided vocals for Mithoon on “Humdard” for Ek Villain and “Hai Dil Ye Mera” for Hate Story 2. He worked with Vishal–Shekhar on “Manwa Laage” for Happy New Year, and with Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy on “Sajde” for Kill Dil.
Singh made his Tamil debut in 2015 with the song “Neeye Vaazhkai Enbena” from the film Pugazh
Arijit was the lead vocalist on the soundtrack of the 2015 film Dilwale singing “Janam Janam”
Arijit completed shooting for his directorial debut in 2015. Titled Bhalobasar Rojnamcha, it is a Bengali feature film compiled with seven short films.
In early 2016, Singh sang “Yeh Fitoor Mera” written by Swanand Kirkire composed by Amit Trivedi.
In 2017, he sang for Shah Rukh Khan and performed a romantic duet with Harshdeep Kaur called “Zaalima”
In 2018, Singh sang “Aaj Se Teri” for the film Pad Man, composed by Amit Trivedi and written by Kausar Munir.
In 2019 Singh sang “Ruan Ruan” from film Sonchiriya composed by Vishal Bhardwaj and penned by Varun Grover.
In 2020 in the January month itself his 10 songs released. Out of these, two songs are chartbusters “Shayad” and “Haan Main Galat”,
Arijit Singh All Songs with All Languages
- Tum Hi Ho (Aashiqui 2, 2013) – Aditya Roy Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor
- Muskurane (Citylights, 2014) – Rajkummar Rao, Patralekha
- Channa Mereya (Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, 2016) – Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma
- Ae Watan (Raazi, 2018) – Alia Bhatt
- Kalank Title Track (Kalank, 2019) – Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Madhuri Dixit, Sanjay Dutt, Aditya Roy Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha
- Shayad (Love Aaj Kal, 2020) – Kartik Aaryan, Sara Ali Khan
- “Heer Ranjhana” (Bachchan Pandey, 2022), co-singer Shreya Ghoshal
- “Makhmali” (Samrat Prithviraj, 2022), co singer Shreya Ghoshal,
- “Jhoome Jo Pathaan” (Pathaan, 2023), Co singer Sukriti Kakar, Vishal–Shekha
- “Tere Pyaar Mein” “Pyaar Hota Kayi Baar Hain” (Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar, 2023), co artist Charan
- Naina (Sultan, 2016) – Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma
- Tujhko Mein (1920 Evil Returns, 2012) – Aftab Shivdasani, Tia Bajpai
- Ki Kore Toke Bolbo (Rangbaaz, 2013) – Dev, Koel Mallick
- Mon Majhi Re (Boss, 2013) – Jeet, Subhasree Ganguly
- Tomake Chai (Gangster, 2016) – Yash Dasgupta, Mimi Chakraborty
- Neeye Vaazhkai Enbena (Pugazh, 2016) – Jai, Surabhi
- Kaathalae Kaathalae (96, 2018) – Vijay Sethupathi, Trisha Krishnan
- Oka Laila Kosam (Oka Laila Kosam, 2014) – Naga Chaitanya, Pooja Hegde
- Vintunnavaa (Yemaaya Chesave, 2010) – Naga Chaitanya, Samantha Akkineni
- Saavar Re (Classmates, 2015) – Ankush Chaudhari, Sonalee Kulkarni
- Deva Tujhya Gabharyala (Duniyadari, 2013) – Swapnil Joshi, Sai Tamhankar
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and Arijit has sung many more songs in different languages with various stars
As much as we talk about Arijit, we have given a lot of information about Arijit, but we will show you some of Arijit’s latest super hit songs including the video, so stay tuned …
Arijit Singh – Latest Top 3 Super Hit Song
1st Song: Shayad
Singer – Arijit Singh
Movie – Love Aaj Kal
Lyricist – Irshad Kamil
Shayad Official Video
♪ Full Song Available on ♪
Apple Music – https://geo.music.apple.com/in/album/…
Hungama – http://www.hungama.com/song/shayad-fr…
Wynk – https://wynk.in/u/hn1yOKQ7T
Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/track/018eOi…
Resso – https://m.resso.app/FYw1dt/
Amazon Prime Music – https://music.amazon.in/albums/B0843B…
2nd Song: Haan Main Galat
Singers – Arijit Singh & Shashwat Singh
Movie – Love Aaj Kal
Music – Pritam Singers
Lyrics – Irshad Kamil
Haan Main Galat Official Video
♪ Full Song Available on ♪
Wynk Music- https://wynk.in/u/6TQ0xir53
Amazon Prime Music- https://music.amazon.in/albums/B0848N…
Apple Music- https://geo.music.apple.com/in/album/…
3rd Song: Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage
Singer: Arijit Singh
Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage Official Video
♪ Full Song Available on ♪
Apple Music: http://bit.ly/Kabir-Singh-full-album-…
Amazon Prime Music: http://bit.ly/Kabir-Singh-full-album-…
Google Play: http://bit.ly/Kabir-Singh-full-album-…
♪Full Song Available on♪
Arijit Singh Facts
- Arijit Singh was born on April 25, 1987, in Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India.
- He started his music career by participating in the reality show Fame Gurukul in 2005 but got eliminated early on.
- He rose to fame with his rendition of the song “Tum Hi Ho” from the film Aashiqui 2 in 2013.
- Arijit has won several awards for his singing, including the National Film Award, Filmfare Award, and IIFA Award.
- He is the first Indian singer to have his wax statue at Madame Tussauds Museum in London.
- Arijit has sung in multiple languages including Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, and Marathi.
- He has also composed and written songs for films and has collaborated with various other artists.
- Arijit is known for his humble and down-to-earth personality and prefers to stay away from the limelight.
- He is married to his childhood sweetheart, Koel Roy, and they have a daughter together.
- In his free time, Arijit enjoys playing the guitar, reading books, and spending time with his family
So stay tuned with us, we will keep giving you information about Arijit Singh and his songs, thank you.